With FLARM Hub on PowerFLARM Fusion, we strive to make an interface that is intuitive and easy to use on all devices. We are however sometimes limited by what your system or browser supports.
In the case of downloading files, iOS 12, which is the last version supported by older Apple devices like the iPhone 6, is limited in terms of file handling. It is not possible to simply save the file on the device, as it is the case with newer iOS versions. You can, however, save the file to your iCloud Drive, as shown below.
Step by step guide
- Connect to FLARM Hub via Wi-Fi
- Navigate to "Maintenance" -> "IGC Files"
- Tap on "Load list of files"
- If you have IGC files on your PowerFLARM Fusion, they will appear in the list
- Tap on the file you want to download
- You should see a progress bar at the top
- Once the file is downloaded, a new window will open called blob with name "Unknown" (it is not possible to set a file name on iOS 12)
- Tap on "More..."
- Select "iCloud Drive", then the location you want, and tap on "Add"
- Your file will be available on your iCloud account in the folder you saved it in. You can for instance open the "Files" app, select "iCloud Drive", and navigate to where you saved it. The file will be named "unknown" because of iOS limitations.
Below is a short video showing the steps above.