PowerFLARM Core and PowerFLARM Portable can be extended with optional features by a software license. These are:
- RFB - Antenna diversity (two FLARM antennas)
- IGC - IGC approved flight recording
- ENL - Engine noise level recording (addition to IGC)
- AUD - Audio output to e.g. an audio panel
- TIS - Garmin TIS protocol
During installation (device is turned on with the USB/SD inserted), the connected FLARM Compatible display will show the installation progress. After installation, the installed licenses are shown in the menu of the display. See the display manual for details.
It's also possible to check installed licenses by looking in the log files, which are written to the USB/SD during the boot process. Make sure an empty and correctly formatted (see device manual) USB stick or SD card is inserted before turning the device on. The file FLARMDEV.CSV lists installed licenses in the column starting with 'LIC='. Installed licenses are indicated with the number 1. The last row in the file is applicable.