Classic FLARM devices can be updated using our FLARM Tool Software and a data cable. If the update process is interrupted, the device may end up in an unresponsive or "bricked" state. The firmware on the device is incomplete and can thus not be started, it remains in bootloader mode.
In this state, the device shows the characteristic bootloader LED pattern (ever 2nd LED is lit). For OEM devices, this may be different, though. Also, the device does not respond to any usual request and is not detected by FLARM Tool.
To fix the device, firmware recovery can be applied:
- You need a data cable and the latest FLARM Tool software
- Leave the device unpowered / unconnected. Start FLARM Tool.
- The correct serial port must be select in FLARM Tool Settings.
- Select "Flarm -> Recover" from the menu
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Please sign in to leave a comment.