For most powered aircraft installations (airplanes and rotorcraft), we recommend the following:
- 1 PowerFLARM Core ADS-B
- 1 ATD AIR Traffic Display (supplied by Air Store or their local dealer)
- 2 AV-75 external FLARM antennas for antenna diversity (top and bottom)
The following additional products are also needed for most installations:
- Activate Second FLARM Receiving Antenna (Feature License)
- External Audio Output (Feature License)
- EASA Minor Change Approval (MCA)
PowerFLARM Core comes with internal antennas for GPS and ADS-B/SSR. These are normally installed on the glareshield or behind the side windows. Optionally, you can also install external antennas for GPS and ADS-B/SSR, but this is not needed for most installations. Approved external antennas for GPS and ADS-B/SSR are listed in the EASA MCA.
You will of course also have to install antenna cables and other parts customized for the individual aircraft. Approved parts (e.g. antenna cables) are specified in the EASA MCA.